- Category: News
- Published on Tuesday, 07 February 2012 07:01
- Hits: 20984
- Do you enjoy the outdoors? If so rogaining may be for you and your friends and family
- Beginners and children are welcome on all events.
- Contact your regional rogaining group - Contact the IRF Council and Executive and Rogaining Events Calendar.
- Find what events are on - Rogaining Events and Rogaining Links.
- Choose your team - friends or relatives who are happy to go at your pace.
- A little training - if your fit to walk in the outdoors then you are fit enough to begin - being fitter helps but isn't necessary.
Learn a little about navigating with a map and compass.
A good source of information is the book, Rogaining: Cross-Country Navigation.
- Comfortable walking or jogging shoes are important.
- Clothing should be comfortable and flexible, able to cope with cool and hot weather.
- Get a rogaining or orienteering compass. The event organizers will give you a list of other equipment.
- Have fun. No-one cares how fast or slow you travel as long as you enjoy yourselves.
- Category: News
- Published on Tuesday, 29 November 2011 09:07
- Hits: 4564
The entry criteria has been published on the 10WRC2012 web site, http://www.rogaining.cz/wrc2012/en/. Applications for entry will be taken via an online entry form that will be available on the WRC website when registration opens. There will be three phases of the entry process. Entries open on 1 December 2011. Download Bulletin One (right click and save document, PDF).
IRF Newsletters are published routinely covering specific subjects or general matters that may be of interest to rogainers and rogaining leaders.